EANGUS Auxiliary Scholarships
Special Thanks to USAA for their generous donations to the EANGUS Auxiliary Scholarship Program
Am I eligible?
The Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States Auxiliary Scholarship Awards Program is as follows:
The following individuals are eligible to apply:
- EANGUS Auxiliary members
- Unmarried, children/stepchildren, grandchildren/ step grandchildren (up to age 26), of Annual and Life EANGUS Auxiliary Members.
- Spouses of EANGUS Auxiliary Members
- Verification of membership in the EANGUS Auxiliary of the mother, father, stepmother/father, grandparents/step grandparents, spouse or self is necessary for applicants to be eligible.
- The EANGUS Auxiliary no longer requires an additional $2.00 scholarship donation per annual and life member. The Auxiliary does request that each state continue to participate in the Auxiliary’s scholarship program by including a “state” scholarship donation in the amount of the state’s choosing.
- Applicants must be enrolled at a university, college, business, or trade school taking a minimum of eight accredited hours. NOTE: Graduate students are not eligible.
- An alternate recipient will be selected in case a recipient is unable to accept the award
- There shall be no consideration whatsoever given by the committee because of rank or grade of applicant’s parents/stepparents, grandparents/step grandparents or applicant’s spouse.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on scholastic achievement, character, leadership, community service, leadership, and need.
- EANGUS Auxiliary sponsor must have dues paid to National Auxiliary no later than December 31, 2023.
All applications must be accompanied by the following documentation:
- An official transcript of high school credits and/or college credits for applicants already enrolled in institutions of higher learning.
- Signed and dated letter from applicant with specific goals to continue their education and why financial aid is needed. The letter will be not less than three hundred and fifty (350) words and not to exceed five hundred (500) words.
- One signed and dated letter of recommendation from the high school principal, counselor, dean, professor, minister, employer etc. The letter will state personal characteristics of the applicant, such as leadership abilities, participation in sports or community events and character.
- A letter of recommendation and transmittal from the State Auxiliary President, Scholarship Chairperson or Designee, verifying that the application is in order, has all required documentation and the applicants sponsor has paid their dues prior to December 31, 2023.
NOTE: Applicants from dormant/inactive states must meet the requirement of membership and submit their application packet to the Area Director of the area to which the state belongs. A letter of recommendation is required from the Area Director and must be included in the applicant’s packet.
Upon selection of an award, the check will be written and mailed directly to the recipients’ choice of higher learning. Verification of enrollment will be made by the Scholarship Chair or their designee.
Awards are given on a first-time basis and future applications by an individual who has already been a recipient of an award, will not be accepted. If by some chance the school term is not completed, due to cause other than sickness or injury, the recipient will return the scholarship award in full to the EANGUS Auxiliary.
Scholarships will be awarded based on funds availability for the current year.
NOTE: Deadline for applications must be postmarked prior to or on 30 June 2024. Scholarship applications must be mailed to the following address:
EANGUS Auxiliary Scholarship Chair
1C Camino de Pinones
Glorieta, NM 87535